Jeeps are among the most flexible vehicles ever designed. A Jeep Wrangler is capable of achieving any goal and overcoming every difficulty. Another alteration that increases their versatility is the addition of tube doors.
Tube doors are a lot of fun in the summer, and they also solve the problem of Jeeps having trouble replacing factory doors. During off-roading trips, they provide greater storage, safety, and a far better view.
We researched and found the best Jeep tube doors. Let’s have a look at the factors we took into consideration first.
Factors to Consider Before Buying Jeep Tube Doors
You don’t want to invest money and time only to be disappointed when your new tube doors should thrill you. You will be able to make the right buyer if you consider these aspects when making your selection.
Tube Doors Won’t Cause Legal Problems
Legal difficulties might occur just by removing the doors from your Jeep. One of the most important reasons to install tube doors is for this reason. They perform the same role as factory doors, but with added benefits like improved visibility, free air conditioning, and aesthetics.
In other words, installing tube doors will take care of any legal concerns that may emerge if you don’t have doors.
Construction Material and Design
Tube doors are often constructed of steel, making them both robust and, more importantly, safe. Steel door tubes are tough and won’t break easily, ensuring safe off-roading and sightseeing experience.
Steel is generally coated with black powder for a sleek and tough-looking finish when it comes to aesthetics. Of course, you may repaint the tube doors to match the color of your Jeep Wrangler if you want to.
Door Mirrors and Replacement Mirrors
The mirrors are also uninstalled when the factory doors are removed. It’s illegal to drive without side-view mirrors, so you’ll need to get some.
Tube doors with side-view mirrors will save you a lot of time, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get tube doors without mirrors.
Tube doors without side-view mirrors generally include a mounting point, and in the worst-case scenario, new mirrors that mount to your Jeep may be purchased.
Limited Storage Space
Jeeps, of course, already have little inside room. It will be difficult to remove the doors and lose even more storage space.
Tube doors provide considerably more storage capacity. Bags and pouches placed on the frame are available on some tube doors. On other tube doors, you may easily purchase a bag and install it yourself.
- Best Jeep Cargo Nets Reviewed for 2021 – Ultimate Round-up
- Best Jeep Wrangler Console Covers to Buy in 2021 – Reviews
Review of the Best Jeep Tube Doors
Now that you know what to look for, let’s review the best jeep tube doors on the market.
For a reason, we put EAG’s JJKTD000 tube doors #1. They were designed to fit Jeep Wrangler JK models from 2007 to 2018. Only a few customers have reported feeling rattles from the hinges, but the majority say the doors are smooth to open and close.
These tube doors are made of durable materials and powder-coated for corrosion resistance. The structure is extremely solid, and EAG’s team performed a fantastic job welding everything together.
EAG JJKTD000 doors feature a simple yet elegant design when it comes to aesthetics. You won’t have to worry about legal issues because they come with side-view mirrors.
The JJKTD000 tube doors from EAG are of outstanding quality. They have a great appearance that will make your Jeep stand out from the pack. They’ll fit easily without rattling if you install them correctly. The only disadvantage is that you may encounter some difficulties during the installation. Aside from that, they’re a fantastic option!
- Fitment: 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK 4-door
- Material: 1/8″ steel sheets, 1/4″ x .08 steel wall tubing
- Sideview Mirrors: Adjustable, military-grade side-view mirrors included
- Storage: Doesn’t come included, but bags can be easily mounted
- Weight: Single door weighs 84 pounds
- Excellent fitment
- Great, heavy-duty design
- Simple, straightforward assembly and installation
- Doors are made out of high-quality materials that are very well welded
- Some customers claim that the hinges rattle, but they installed a small plastic tubing on the hinge and fixed the issue
EAG JJKTD000 tube doors can be replaced with Restyling Factory Rock Crawler RFSB5005 tube doors. They fit Jeep Wrangler JK models from 2007 to 2018. Even after a long time of usage, these doors will close tight. They’re composed of robust steel and have a strong structure.
There are a few drawbacks to tube doors. Because the Restyling Factory Rock Crawler RFSB5005 does not come with instructions, you will need to educate yourself on how to install tube doors. Furthermore, we strongly suggest you buy bolts and nuts from a different store because the ones included may break.
The Restyling Factory Rock Crawler RFSB5005 tube doors are a terrific option that’s a little less expensive than the competition. You’ll adore these tube doors as long as you buy a set of side-view mirrors and use other hardware than the ones provided.
- Fitment: 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK 4 door, all models
- Material: 1/8″ steel sheets, 1/4″ x .08 steel tube
- Sideview Mirrors: No mirrors, but they have pre-drilled mounting points
- Storage: No storage offered, but you can easily mount bags
- Weight: A door weighs 81 pounds
- Cheaper than other tube doors
- Doors will close tightly, they won’t rattle
- Tube doors are safe and they offer great visibility
- Doors don’t come with installation instructions
- Bolts might break or come loose; they’re made out of soft materials
The EAG US Flag JJKTD010 is a set of four tube doors that includes everything you’ll need. The amazing, patriotic artwork is a great match for the Jeep Wrangler JK model. They are exceptional; even the side-view mirrors are included in the price.
The JJKTD010 is top-of-the-line in every way. The military-grade side-view mirrors, the material, the tube design, and the American flag panel are all notable. The installation instructions might have been a little better, according to Jeep owners who have acquired these tube doors, but that is their only complaint.
These are ideal if you’re searching for a high-quality, well-designed set of four tube doors. They are pricier than the other tube doors on our list, but you will not be disappointed if you invest a few extra dollars in EAG US Flag JJKTD010 doors.
See also our recommendations on
- Fitment: 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK 4 door
- Material: 1/8″ steel sheet and 1/4″ x .08 steel tubing
- Sideview Mirrors: Adjustable, quality side view mirrors come included
- Storage: No storage offered, bags cannot be easily mounted onto the frame
- Weight: Single door weighs 105 pounds
- American flag design
- Excellent side-view mirrors come included
- High-quality latch assembly prevents vibrations
- Instructions could be a bit better
- A few customers have had to adjust the mounting holes
The Smittybilt 76794 tube doors are designed to fit Jeep Wranglers from 2007 to 2017. Fitment was important to Smittybilt because they, like their customers, despise the tube door rattle.
These tube doors feature a simple style, which is ideal if you want tube doors that won’t block your vision when driving or off-roading. A panel with storage space may be mounted on that simple tube door. These doors are a fantastic choice, especially given their low cost. However, a few customers have had trouble removing the tube doors when it came time to replace the Jeep’s factory doors.
Enjoy the sights with the Smittybilt 76794 set of tube doors, and when you need additional storage, just attach the panels onto the doors. These tube doors are well worth the money when you consider their pricing. Remember that they don’t come with side-view mirrors, which might present some issues when it’s time to change them for the winter.
- Fitment: 2007 – 2017 Jeep Wrangler JK, Rubicon, and Unlimited, 2 and 4 door models
- Material: 1.5″ x .08 steel tubing
- Sideview Mirrors: Bracket included without mirrors
- Storage: Comes with storage space
- Weight: Single door weighs 58 pounds
- Fitment and finish are better than great
- Offers excellent safety without obstructing your view
- Includes door panels that can be installed on the inside or the outside
- Difficult to remove
- Poor installation instructions, poorly sorted nuts and bolts
EAG has created tube doors that are both affordable and attractive. They’re high-quality and come with built-in side-view mirrors. The matrix design provides excellent visibility as well as reasonable protection from rocks and debris. As long as you don’t mind the nylon fabric, you’re getting the best of both worlds. Although the nylon fabric is strong and water-resistant, it will never be as strong as steel, which might be a drawback.
A few customers have expressed frustration with the flaky powder finish, claiming that it is too thin and that they have had to touch it up much sooner than anticipated. According to some, the passenger side doors did not fit properly. There aren’t many complaints other from that.
The EAG JTJTD001 tube doors provide visibility while also providing some protection. At a terrific price, you’re getting the best of both worlds. The tube doors are one-of-a-kind and stylish. The EAG JTJTD001 tube doors are a great choice if you prefer the appearance of nylon fabric.
- Fitment: Jeep Wrangler 1997-2006 TJ
- Material: 1/8″ steel sheet, 1/4″ x 0.08 tubing, nylon fabric
- Sideview Mirrors: High-quality side-view mirrors come included
- Storage: No storage space included, but storage can easily be added
- Weight: A door weighs 46 pounds
- Side-view mirrors offer excellent visibility
- Easy installation, easily adjustable latch system, no rattles once the doors are closed
- Nylon web matrix design offers visibility and also protects you from dirt, debris, rocks, etc
- Thin powder coating; You will have to touch up flaking areas
- Customers have complained about fitment issues on the passenger side
The Steinjager Trail Tube Doors J0043574 are designed to fit Jeep Wrangler YJ vehicles from 1987 to 1995. They have a simple design, but it looks excellent on first-generation Jeep Wranglers. They’re made in such a way that they provide safety without blocking your vision. These tube doors are available in a variety of colors, which we enjoy. You can add color to your Jeep or even have multiple colored tube doors for a distinctive design.
We were concerned about the absence of feedback, but based on what we discovered, owners of Jeep Wrangler YJs who acquired the Steinjager Trail Tube Doors J0043574 were extremely pleased with the product.
The Steinjager Trail Tube Doors J0043574 appear to be an excellent alternative if you’re searching for high-quality, low-cost tube doors. The tube doors may be painted to match the color of your Jeep, which is a major benefit, and factory mirrors will fit on these tube doors.
- Fitment: 1987-1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ
- Material: Steel tubes ¼” tube with 0.86” walls
- Sideview Mirrors: Factory mirrors can easily be swapped onto the tube doors
- Storage: No storage included
- Weight: 55 pounds
- Comes equipped with a quick-release detent pint
- Installation is quite simple, and it takes little time
- Doors provide great safety, but they don’t obstruct your view
- There isn’t much customer feedback about these tube doors
- You might have to adjust the striker for the latch to fit smoothly
Hooke Road Half Doors have a stylish four-door style that precisely suits Jeep Wrangler JK models. These tube doors are constructed of high-quality steel and have a corrosion-resistant powder coating that lasts up to 5 years. They can block your view a little, but they’ll keep you safe from rocks and debris while you’re off-roading.
The only significant flaw with Hooke Road Half Doors is that they lack side-view mirrors. To make matters worse, OEM mirrors will not fit, requiring you to buy aftermarket mirrors.
If you don’t mind paying a little extra for aftermarket mirrors, the Hooke Road Half Doors are a great set of tube doors. These tube doors are attractive, provide visibility and protection, and are of exceptional quality.
- Fitment: 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited
- Material: Stainless steel construction, premium e-coating
- Sideview Mirrors: No side-view mirrors, factory mirrors aren’t a smooth fit
- Storage: Doesn’t come included, but storage bags can easily be mounted
- Weight: A door weighs 64 pounds
- Most customers claim that the doors didn’t rattle
- Quite resistant to corrosion; up to 5 years of resistance
- Easy bolt-on installation with mounting hardware and instructions included
- Installation might require a bit of effort
- You will most likely have to purchase aftermarket side-view mirrors
Spending a few hundred bucks on tube doors is an investment that you won’t regret. They have a lot to offer, especially if you enjoy the aesthetic impact they have on your Jeep. Just make sure to avoid legal issues and purchase tube doors that are right for your Jeep. We wish you a fun experience!
People Also Ask
With the lack of information about such a significant modification, we often get asked the same or similar questions about Jeep tube doors. To save you some time, we went ahead and answered the most common questions regarding tube doors. Of course, if your questions are still unanswered, feel free to contact us!
Jeeps, as well as most other vehicles, are allowed to be driven without doors in most states. The only legal requirement is that you have enough mirrors, one, two, or three depending on your state. Doors don’t provide enough protection, and that’s why there aren’t laws against driving without doors.
Jeep tube doors allow you to upgrade your storage by mounting bags onto the doors. They also improve your performance slightly because they’re lighter than factory doors.
Tube doors come with many different benefits. They’re aesthetically pleasing and stylish, they improve safety, they also help with storage. You can also install side-view mirrors on tube doors and avoid issues with the law.