Your exhaust system controls emissions, noise, and has a hand to play in your efficiency. It’s time that you upgrade your stock Jeep Wrangler exhaust system in favor of something sleeker, lighter, and more beneficial for your Jeep.
When it comes to picking a new exhaust system for your vehicle, there are a number of different ways for you to spend your money. To help you give a list of the very best exhaust systems for the Jeep Wrangler JK. We have made an easy-to-read analysis for you to find the best jeep jk exhaust system.
Exhausts part is a critical component of any vehicle as they filter toxic fumes out, expelling them through the tailpipe. An exhaust system allows your Jeep engine to breathe better and increasing horsepower, torque. See also our recommendations on the best floor mats for jeep wrangler, how to choose the best jeep winches, the best tires for jeep wrangler, and the best jeep seat covers.
Here some of the Top Jeep Exhaust System are:
Best Exhaust for Jeep JK Reviews
1. MagnaFlow 15160 – Best Sounding Jeep Wrangler JK Exhaust
Many owners of Jeep Wrangler JK are searching for a system that is not only developed by a well-known company but has also not been on the market for a while. That is why the exhaust system for MagnaFlow is so common and very well. The designer seems to put a lot of consideration into the design as well as the practicality of the exhaust system when coming up with the item. It’s easy to install, so you don’t have to pay extra for the installation. The elegant black style can also fit into almost any vehicle paint, not to mention the preferences of the owner. The sound created by the exhaust system is deep and pleasant, but after you cross 500 miles, it can get a little louder.
- It is extremely light
- Stylish and sleek design
- Increased and improved durability
- Can resist heat up to 1000 F
- Does not give in to corrosion easily
- The satisfying and pleasant sound
- Simple bolt-on installation process
- Attractive design
- Increased slat fog life
- Gets louder over time
2. aFe Power 49-48055 – Best High-Flow Exhaust System for Jeep Wrangler JK
First of all, we need to start with one benefit that this exhaust system has over its competitors, the clearance. The device is developed in such a manner that there is adequate clearance between the system and the surface, regardless of the angle that you are ascending or descending, so it is not that easy to damage. Since it is made to create a strong sound, the muffler that the machine comes with requires special consideration. Stainless steel is the steel that the component is made of. AFe Power 49-48055 complies with both 2- and 4-door Wrangler JK models, making it much more popular on the market.
- The item comes with a steel mandrel tubing
- It is made of 409 steel
- It fits both 2 and 4 doored Jeep models
- The hi-tuck design ensures better clearance
- Great quality comes for a fair price
- The installation process is user-friendly
- The exhaust system is designed to improve both torque and turbulence
- The muffler is made of stainless steel
- Gets louder over the time
- Leaks have been reported
3. Dynomax 39510 – Best Budget Exhaust System for Jeep Wrangler JK
A tight budget does not mean that you should not afford to install a reliable exhaust system on your Jeep Wrangler JK. Dynomax is probably one of the models that you need to at least consider. The system is fitted with matting technology for fiberglass, which means there is no internal resonance to annoy you. Another significant factor that you need to be mindful of about the exhaust system is that it is often designed to minimize turbulence.
With daily off-road drivers in mind, Dynomax 39510 is made such that it is as easy to install as it is to afford.
- Improved exhaust flow due to the larger internal tubes
- All the resonance is absorbed due to the fiberglass matting design
- The design is highly exclusive
- Easy to afford
- Comes with double exhausts
- Very simple to install
- The tip is made of stainless steel
- Designed to decrease turbulence
- Gets louder over the time
- Prone to rust and corrosion
4. aFe Scorpion 49-08046 – Best Single Side Exhaust System for Extra Clearance
When it comes to your exhaust system, are you searching for true American quality? I have something in the store that fits your specifications! The reality is that the axle-back style aFe (49-08046) exhaust system is the system that can help you conquer some of the hardest off-road angles. In addition, by inserting 2-1/2-inch bent mandrel aluminum tubing, the maker took more note of the system’s reliability. The baffled muffler can bring to the strong sound that any Jeep Wrangler JK owner is looking for. However, due to the improved Cold Air Intake, the most important addition that the system can incorporate into the performance is horsepower, torque, and throttle response.
- Amazing Hi-tuck design
- Anti-corrosion protective coating
- Super-increased durability
- Contribution to the engine’s horsepower and torque
- Made in the USA
- Extra simple to install
- Almost no drone sound
- Suits every JK model due to classy design
- High ground clearance
- May ramble a little when moderate-hard acceleration takes place
- Rattling sounds occur
5. Flowmaster 817674 – Best Cat-Back Exhaust for Jeep Wrangler JK
In the vast majority of situations, you pay a lot of attention to the reliability and other realistic aspects that come along with it when you are looking for a new exhaust system for your Jeep Wrangler JK. Drivers are sometimes, though, curious about the way the system looks too. If the right mix of the two interests you, then the exhaust device of a Flowmaster is the one on the list. Compared to some, the classy style and the special cat-back form, along with increased clearance and better output capacity, make the item a little more expensive. I am more than confident, though, that such an investment would prove to be worthy.
- Made of stainless steel
- The set is dyno tuned
- Laminar Flow technology is involved
- The tailpipe is placed high
- A timeless design that fits all models
- Quality tested by time
- The trusted exhaust system vendor
- The system is surprisingly light
- Cat-back classy design
- The sound the system makes is great
- Costlier when compared to other models on the market
- May be quite challenging to install for a beginner
Best Jeep Wrangler TJ Exhaust System Review
6. aFe 49-46223 – Best Sounding Jeep TJ Exhaust.
Who could have realized that an accessory as basic and functional as an exhaust would not only boost the performance of the vehicle but also improve its outlook? The reality is that the exhausts provided by aFe are expensive but definitely worth the investment. The product fits the stock location seamlessly, to begin with. It is highly robust and fitted with a free-flow muffler in addition to. Strong and friendly is the sound that the object is built to produce.
If the sound is of no interest to you, then due to the item nature, you should care for the horsepower and torque that often enhance it. Finally, the installation is fully user-oriented, so that you can work with it on your own quickly.
- Unique and sleek design
- Effortless installation
- Increased horsepower and torque
- Requires significant investment
7. Dynomax 19391 – Best Stock Replacement Exhaust for Jeep TJ
At times, because nothing lasts forever, you face a need to replace the stock exhaust. Instead of making any fast choices, it is advisable to search the list of replacements available to find the best one. Not only are Dynomax exhausts designed to increase flow, but also to reduce backpressure. Moreover, turbulence would also be illuminated by such an object, and that is an advantage not to be taken lightly.
Drivers complain of unwanted turbulence inside sometimes. The Dynomax exhaust is designed to minimize that, too. Being the best replacement for stock, the accessory comes at a decent price.
- Improved and enhanced backpressure
- Fair price for the quality
- Eliminated turbulence
- No significant horsepower increases
8. Exhaust System for Jeep TJ by Mac Store – Best Budget Option
We all know that a vital accessory to replace in your Jeep is the minute you are short on means. As long as there is a Mac store open, you shouldn’t fall into despair. It is true that an alternative is a budget option, but that makes it no worse. The truth is that the cat-back device provided by the brand is intended to suit the positioning of the sock and to serve the needed purpose. The noisiness of such a budget option worried some people, but it was no louder than a stock one.
What’s more, the sound it creates is much more relaxing than you would imagine. A breeze is an installation. Typically, the collection of fundamental resources at hand is what is necessary.
- Build to last long
- Fair price for the quality
- User-oriented and simplified installation
- None found
How long does a stainless steel exhaust last?
There are different types of stainless steel that exhaust systems are made of. If we take 409 stainless steel, for instance, it will last approximately 8 years, no matter the climate or weather conditions. However, 304 stainless steel is considered to be even more lasting, besides it can withstand saltwater corrosion too.
How long will an aluminized exhaust last?
With the aluminized exhaust system, things get a little different since the aluminum coat can’t save the system and keep it non-rusted forever. If you live somewhere with a moderate climate, then such a system will last you up to 5 years, in a dry climate, the system will serve you as long as 8 years if not more.
Is a true dual exhaust better?
You should think about a dual exhaust as of two ways that your engine is getting fresh air from. The more there is air to ‘breathe,’ the more powerful your Jeep will become. However, you should not mix a dual exhaust with dual exhaust tips. The tips will only add up to the design but not the engine’s power.
Do aftermarket exhausts improve MPG?
The fact is that an aftermarket exhaust system can improve your engine’s efficiency by up to 10%. That means that you can either waste it on horsepower increase or you can choose to spend it on fuel economy.
Even though it is one of the most expensive, the system of Magnaflow has the greatest experience for horsepower, comes with the longest lifespan, and does not increase the noise too much to give this much extra power. As here, you have a range of budget-friendly choices at your disposal, but Magnaflow tops our JK exhaust systems.